Friday, January 13, 2012

The New Car Adventure

My mother in law needed to buy a new car. She has been driving a 2002 Ford Ranger that had a tree fall on it last year. The bed of the truck was crushed. She is known all around town as the lady with the truck that was smashed by a tree. It is quite comical! On Monday, she was driving said truck and the horn kept honking. Like non stop. As she was driving. She was nearly 10 miles away from a car repair shop. She pulled the honking truck into the repair shop and the repair guy was kind enough to clip the wire to her horn. The honking stopped. She thought that her truck was going to be ok. On Tuesday morning she started up the truck and all of the lights start blinking and her headlights are flashing. She tries calling me. My phone is on vibrate in my purse so I do not hear it. She had an appointment that she had to get to. She decides to hitch hike to the car rental place. The woman is 60 years old and hitch hiking! Thank goodness we live in a small town. She was picked up by another older woman who dropped her off at Avis. She calls me at work and asked if I could help her get the process started to buy a car. You see, I love the car buying process. I do it all via email/fax and then I like to simly walk into the dealership, test drive the car, sign and go home. I can't stand hanging out in a dealership for hours on end! So, I happily started looking for a new to her car.
I am happy to say that as of last night, she is the proud owner of a gold/tan PT Cruiser. It is top of the line with leather, sunroof and power everything. This is quite a step up from the Ranger. The Ranger was power NOTHING and didn't even have keyless entry. She is excited.
Our salesperson was great. He was super funny and a generally nice guy. The finance manager.....total jerk! He was so angry that we did not buy the additional packages that he was offering. He made assumptions about my mother in law. It was horrible. I was so frustrated because he took a really fun and happy moment and turned it into an uncomfortable situation. I will be calling his manager.


Anyway, I am so happy that I was able to help my mother in law out! Tonight I have an appointment to get my hair done. Thank goodness because look at these roots!




Please don't judge me! LOL! They will be fixed. I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment