Friday, February 10, 2012

Working Mom

Normally, I would NEVER do 2 posts in one day, however, when I was catching up on Kelly's Korner, I saw that she had a blog link up for working moms. I knew that I should post.

I have never participated in a blog link up before, so I hope that I am able to do it correctly! I have been a working Mom for about 7 years now. I used to be a SAHM, but my husband was injured at work and therefore I had to step up. My husband is 100% disabled and although I miss staying home with my kids, I truly LOVE my job. I have guilt. I overcompensate my children because of my guilt for working. This is one of the biggest issues that I have when it comes to working. I love my job so much. I could not imagine not having it. I am happy that my children are only left with their Dad and other extended family rather than with a full time sitter or daycare. I could never handle the thought of handing my child over to a daycare worker. Just the thought causes my heart to drop! I feel bad for mothers who are forced to make that decision.
I take my kids to school each morning on my way to work. I love doing this. It gives me a few minutes to connect with the kids before they start the day at school. I also make sure to spend some time with them each night. It helps all of us to feel connected and in the loop! I hope that at some point I stop feeling so guilty. I honestly am doing the best that I can. I know that my children feel loved each and every day by me and by their father! I pray that my daughters will have the ability to marry righteous men and be SAHM's and I pray that my boys will be righteous men and loving providers for their wives. I realize that sometimes life happens and we need to step up when our spouse can't. I also pray that my children are flexible enough to be able to accept any hurdle that is put before them.

No comments:

Post a Comment