Friday, February 3, 2012

Super Bowl 2012

I am so excited about the Super Bowl this weekend! The hubs, kids and I are all going to my friend's Jenn & Mike's house to celebrate and eat until we pop! Jenn is a HARDCORE Patriots fan! She is hilarious! I am sure that she will be very spirited during the game.
The food there is always to die for! Her sweet hubby Mike always makes homemade pizzas. They are way too yummy for words. Plus, everyone else brings some sort of dish to share. I really want to bring something fun and yummy this year rather than stick with the quickie salsa and chips! I really need to get this domestic thing down a bit better!! LOL!
Speaking of domestic.....last night I asked the kids what they felt like having for dinner. I realize most people would question why I am asking my kids what THEY want for dinner, well there is a perfectly reasonable explanation. Since I had gastric bypass surgery in 2010, nothing actually "sounds" good to me. I eat most days because it is required. So, on the days that absolutely nothing sounds good to me, I use my children and /or hubs to get the meal going. Anyway, back to my story, so, Nick tells me that he really wants to make individual homemade pizzas. I had happened to buy some fresh pizza dough from trader joes the other day so it worked out perfectly! I wish that I would have taken pictures! But overall here is what we did!

Homemade Pizzas
Heat over to 500 (yes, really 500 degrees!)
Cut 1 round dough ball into 3rds
pour a little EVOO over the dough so it doesn't stick
kneed ball to form a circle, square or any other shape you desire
place dough on a greased cookie sheet
spread about 2 Tablespoons of pizza sauce over the dough
Sprinkle some Parmesan Cheese over the sauce
Add a handful of shredded or sliced Mozzarella Cheese
Add whatever other toppings you would like, my kids chose pineapple and pepperoni

Bake at 500 for about 10-12 minutes

The pizza was so good! As they were cleaning up their plates, Nick says, "Mom, you know I only ate vegetables for dinner tonight. The news told me that Obama said pizza is a vegetable! Maybe we can do this every night." LOL! Probably not every night Nick!

I am so grateful to have kids that make me laugh! Granted, they also make me want to pull my hair out, but I would not trade them for anything!

Nick looking an innocent as he can!

Gianna is such a creative spirit! I have no clue where she gets her creative abilities, it is certainly not from me!


No comments:

Post a Comment